Dorset Cruises (Poole) Ltd – Booking Terms & Conditions The following are the Terms and Conditions of your booking with Dorset Cruises (Poole) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “DC” or “we” or “us”), of 17 Westover Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 2BY, United Kingdom, registered in England under Limited Company 11782294. All cruises you book with us are organised and sold subject to these conditions. Please note that by booking a place on one of our scheduled cruises or by taking a whole-boat charter, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- DC gives notice that all arrangements made by us are on the condition that we shall not be liable for any death, injury or damage, loss, delay or irregularity which may be caused by persons or conditions out with our control.
DC and its employees are covered by public liability insurance up to a maximum of £5,000,000 in any one event. By booking, you acknowledge that DC has taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this regard.
- A Private Charter is not confirmed until a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total charter fee has been received.
Provisional bookings by phone or e-mail will be held for a period of five days pending receipt of the 25% deposit. Upon receipt by us of your deposit we shall send you a confirmation invoice for the balance and advise you of the date of payment of the same.
- A Public Ticketed Event must be paid in full to confirm booking.
Payment will be accepted by:-
- Visa, MasterCard or Maestro/Switch debit card.
- Cheque (please allow 10 days from postage to clearance).
- Bank Transfer/BACS (Sort 20-11-43 / Account – 83558959)
- Please note there may be charges for BACS when paying from abroad
- Any cancellation must be notified to us in writing by the person who made the booking. If you cancel your cruise:
- More than 31 days prior to the start of your cruise, you will only be charged your deposit.
- Less than 31 days before the start of your cruise or on or after the commencement of the cruise, you must pay the full cruise cost.
- Amendments/Cancellation Administration Fee – Dorset Cruises reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £30 in respect of any changes made to a booking after receipt of a deposit.
- Change of Date of Cruise – Although Dorset Cruises will try to help you change your cruise booking date, we do not have any obligation to do so.
Please note that we cannot change a cruise booking date to a cruise of a lesser value. If you wish to change your cruise booking date and the new cruise is of a lesser value you can continue with the change but the new cruise will be charged at the same price as the original cruise booking price.
- Dorset Cruises offers a 5% Customer Loyalty Discount, this can be used in conjunction with other discounts offered in the course of a season.
- In extreme circumstances Dorset Cruises (Poole) Ltd reserves the right to change the route of a cruise prior to departure.
- Cancellation by DC: If owing to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot provide the cruise booked or a suitable alternative, we will refund all money paid to us, in full, and you will have no further claim against us.
In this instance we are not liable for any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as travel tickets (flight, rail etc).
- No unaccompanied children under the age of sixteen (16) can be carried.
No children under the age of twelve (12) will be carried unless part of a whole-boat charter and then they are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times. No animals will be carried unless with prior permission.
- DC, or the skipper, reserve the right to vary the cruise in any way we consider preferable due to adverse weather or any other conditions. Ultimate decisions regarding the safety of the vessel, its tender and those onboard, rest with the skipper.
- The skipper reserves the right to refuse access to the vessel if they feel a guest is too heavily intoxicated and poses a risk to safety of vessel and/or other passengers.